Monday 3 March 2014

Talking to Founder Mariana Fataccioli from Skinny Kitchen

Today we have the lovely Mariana Fataccioli joining us from Skinny Kitchen to share her favourite recipe and to offer all our Fitness Food And Style readers an exclusive* 10% discount off their next purchase at Skinny Kitchen. Simply place the code: FITNESSFOODANDSTYLE. *Excludes Quest Bars,  Nut butters and sale items. 



Mariana Fataccioli from Skinny Kitchen


Mariana came from a background where food was only for survival and not nourishment. After leaving school she found she was on a fast food diet and still managed to be a size 6. Until her hormones changed. She put on weight, her skin broke out and she constantly felt tired and drained. Realising this wasn't the way life should be, she wanted to make a change. So 3 years later she found the best diet with no processed ingredients and now she is the founder of The Skinny Kitchen an online Health Food and Sports Nutrition store. Which she originally started documenting her recipes on Instagram however some products were hard to source in Australia and were very expensive so that's when she started her own online store. 

Mariana takes 5 minutes to tell us a little bit about her Fitness Food And Style;

1. What fitness activity do you schedule into your daily routine to keep healthy?

Working full-time, maintaining a household, taking care of myself and running Skinny Kitchen can drive me crazy. I understand the concept of being time poor but I’ve found that starting my day with a 5km walk ignites energy and prepares me mentally for action-packed days. I also do 4 x 1hr weight sessions a week, 1-2 yoga sessions to develop and maintain balance and flexibility, and have just recently started incorporating Way of Gray’s Killer Workouts.

2. Describe your dream meal - what could we expect to find on your plate?

I love feeding my body. Since I started learning about nutrition, I always made sure my plate was balanced with A grade protein, complex carbs and good fats. I’m loving right now is a nice chunk of Eye Fillet, with Sweet Potato mash on a bed of spinach, topped with balsamic onions and steam asparagus on the side. I usually have 2000mg of fish oil with that to complete my meal.

3. Who’s your go to style icon - who have you always admired for their style, and why?

I am hands down in love with Miranda Kerr’s style. It’s clean, it’s simple, it’s stylish and classic, sometimes edgy but always effortless. She’s got it down pact!

4. What’s a childhood habit or mannerism that has followed you into adulthood?

Unfortunately I have heaps! Haha. But I appreciate them as I feel it keeps me young at heart. My favourite one is that I haven’t lost the ability to dream. As you grow up, you learn that life and success isn’t as easy as it seems when you’re young, and there are a lot of roadblocks. Despite all the nay-sayers, and all my past failures, I disregard what seems ‘impossible’. Rather then letting ‘impossiblites’ become an obstacle, I use that same ability to dream to envision a strategy on how to overcome that obstacle.

I was a stubborn child and never accepted anything other than what I wanted. I’m still the same and this is the reason Skinny Kitchen came about. I needed to change my life and didn’t accept garden salads and steamed fish as a sustainable diet for the rest of my life. I hunted down great tasting recipes, and then the Skinny Kitchen community developed. I found that here in Australia some ingredients were too hard to find or too expensive, and then the online store followed. I’m constantly finding obstacles, challenging what the status quo is and refining it in effort to redefine health and making being healthy easy.

5. Name three things you can’t leave the house without and why?


My phone (I feel so lost without it!), a bottle of Thankyou water & a snack (Yoghurt/Quest bar or fruit), and my new business cards which I’m now sneaking into health and fitness books and magazines… A woman’s gotta hustle.

Here's Skinny Kitchen's recipe for their infamous Blueberry Bliss Pancakes which are Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free & Dairy-Free. It's a Clean recipe, they taste better than normal pancakes, come out just as sweet and fluffy! 

Blueberry Bliss Pancakes







Ingredients:
1/3 cup of oats or oat flour
1/2 mashed banana
3 egg whites (XL or Jumbo eggs)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of stevia

Directions:
Using a processor, ground oats of to dont have oat flour, otherwise add all ingredients and process. I used frozen blueberries and defrosted them in the microwave, and poured the defrosted juice into the batter as it was mixing, saving the blueberries for later. Cook pancakes as per normal, the secret to making them fluffy is the baking powder but also knowing when to flip them. Flip them when they start bubbling on the top, and then cook then for about 30 seconds on the other side. Top with desired toppings. In the picture, I used Greek yoghurt, blueberries and agave syrup. Hope you love it

**To make them protein pancakes, add a serving of protein and 1-2tbs of milk of choice.

***If you want to avoid using baking powder, replace with 1 tsp of psyllium husk.

Thank you so much Mariana for spending time with us on Fitness Food And Style today, we do hope you come back again soon. For those that wish to follow Mariana she is on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest


GIVEAWAY TIME 


Join Mariana as she celebrates over 200,000 Instagram followers and offers 3 healthy gift packs to her followers. For more info, click here

What are some of your favourite health food stores online?

Much love and friendship,
XxDani

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani