Thursday 12 December 2013

FFS has a moment with Sha Ragnuath .. the woman behind Sugar Free Kids

I came across Sha via Instagram when I was using the #iqs "I Quit Sugar" hashtag and as you all know I am such a big advocate of Sarah Wilson, see her interview here. I was super impressed with all the recipes Sha was making that I wanted to invite her to our FFS 5 Q&A interview

Sha started cooking sugar-free, nutritious and tasty treats for her son after realising how many child-friendly recipes were shockingly full of sugar. Her friend’s children also devoured her healthy food and the recipes were in demand so she started sending photos and recipes of her creations to her “mummy network”. As many more health conscious parents became interested in making easy sugar-free snacks for their kids, she decided to create a website, www.SugarFreeKids.com.au, where she publishes new delicious recipes every week for free.

FFS readers here is the lovely Sha Ragnuath….






1. What fitness activity do you schedule into your daily routine to keep healthy?

Taking a football to the park to kick around with my son is a really easy and fun way for us both to get some fresh air and get moving.


2. Describe your dream meal - what could we expect to find on your plate?

When I went to Bali this year I ate the most delicious and amazingly simple fish dish, I dream of it often. The fish was basted in coconut oil and heaps of garlic then cooked over hot charcoal. It was served with a chili sambal and a gorgeous baby beans and coconut salad.

3. Who’s your go to style icon - who have you always admired for their style, and why?

I love Charlotte York’s wardrobe from Sex and the City, she dresses to suit her lifestyle and character instead of following latest trends. I am likely to overdress, I would wear a lovely dress to the library story time or pretty earrings when I am just heading to the park. I don’t save my favourite clothes and accessories for a special occasion.

4. What’s a childhood habit or mannerism that has followed you into adulthood?

I was taught to read labels on food when I was 9 years old and diagnosed with diabetes. It is such an important skill to have, I’m so pleased it is a natural habit for me to check what exactly I plan to put in my mouth.

5. Name three things you can’t leave the house without and why?
A snack bag of Sugar Free treats for my son and his friends maybe some Sugar Free MuffinsStrawberry Shortcakes or Goji Amaretti biscuits. My iphone, mostly for the camera these days. Two bottles of water because my son doesn't like to share his water with me.

Strawberry shortcake

Thank you so much Sha for making such amazing sugar free recipes for our children and of course us adults. For those that wish to follow Sha she is on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

What's your favourite sugar free recipe?

XxDani 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani