Wednesday 6 November 2013

Packing for a cruise ... my 20 must have items!

You can probably imagine how excited I was when I got the call inviting me to join Shannon Ponton (the PT from The Biggest Loser) and media teams from Fitness First and Women's Health on a Carnival Cruise. Yep, very!

One of the best things about blogging here at Fitness, Food and Style is being able to work for pleasure. It's something I'd always aspired to achieve so this, my friends, is job satisfaction and I'm living my dream. 

If I can, then you can too!

Marc Anthony once said "if you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life" and I think he's right and so, at almost 40 years of age, I've got my perfect job.

While you are reading this, and for the next few days, I'll be working away. On a boat, cruising towards Vanuatu and I seriously can't wait! 

All this excitement leads to a dilemma of sorts ... what the heck to pack when going on a cruise?

In times like this, I call for inspiration and direction from famous words, and for the next few days while cruising, this is the mantra I shall be living by ....

"Look famous. 
Be legendary. 
Appear complex. 
Act easy. 
Radiate presence 
Travel light 
Seem a dream
Prove real"

Ok, so travel light. That's a bit of a challenge but I'm determined it's doable. 

Luckily I've been on a cruise before now and that experience is coming in handy!

Here then is a list of the 20 essentials I'm packing in my luggage:



1. MacBook Pro - yes, its work related remember ;)
2. iPhone - would never be without it anywhere ;)
3. Tinted moisturiser - for an easy up and go and sun protection in one
4. Swimsuit -  my new chevron patterned one piece will be ideal 
5. Sandals - party shoes for dancing the night away
6. Nausea tablets - not anticipating trouble but just in case
7. Thongs - cruise essentials ... of course
8. Sunhat - would never be without it in the tropics
9. Shorts - great combo with tees and dress up with chevron halter top!
10. Neon yellow belt - my inspiration colour for the week

Loving my Seafolly chevron halter neck swimsuit


11. Clutch & jewellery - just to dress up my casual look
12. Lip balm/gloss - I never leave home without it
13. Sports drink bottle - hydrate 24x7
14. Toiletries - toothbrush, paste, hair products, make-up etc...
15. 2XU Quick Dry Towel - I'm sure Shannon will make us sweat!
16. Workout/yoga gear - always nice to sweat it out but meditation is my thing
17. Blue reflector aviators - look famous remember
18. MILK Sunscreen - an absolute must lounging beside the pool 
19. Neon yellow nail polish - funky wear for my nails in keeping with the tropical them
20. ASICS Gel-Kayano runners my new kicks for sprinting around the ship, keeping active 


Happy 20th Birthday Asics! Loving the Gel-Kayano runners


I'm so looking forward to learning some PT tips from one of the best in the business as well as hanging with some pros in the fitness/well being media camp. Not to mention all of this on a fabulous cruise liner heading to paradise .... still pinching myself, but my passport in my hand so it must be real!

I told you I had the world's best job right? Some good news is the ship has free wi-fi, so I'll be posting updates and snippets on Instagram for you to share the excitement with me. Can't wait to tell you more about the Vanuatu experience once I get back.

Are you working your dream job too? Tell me what you do that you love!


Much love & friendship.

XxDani

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani