Wednesday 28 August 2013

Workout Wednesday and BOB Ironman stroller review

We love it. As soon as a little bit of sun gets out in Ballarat we are out that door!!! Here's Zali and I in the park having some fun and I squeezed in a mini squat workout. I also love getting into my fitness gear as they are super comfy when working out and super stylish for when I need to pick up the kids from school.

Blackmilk Clothing camo leggings, Nike free runners, Stylerunner Striders Edge jacket
Thank you Stylerunner for my funky fitness pack and supporting my Ride To Conquer Cancer rides, I hope to see you in Sydney for the Chris O'Brien Lighthouse at RPA. I only have another $500 to reach my target. Donations of any kind are welcomed here.

For those that like to workout in style, head over and check out the awesome range of fitness wear and like Stylerunners' Facebook page here.

Squat workout

12 body weight squats
12 baby/body weight squats (as pictured above for added weight I held Zali whilst doing a regular squat)
12 Plie squats (stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width with your toes pointing out. Put your arms out straight in front of you and lower into a squat)
12 squats with kick back (simply bring your left leg straight behind you while extending your arms forward. Repeat on other side)

NB: avoid your knees creeping over your toes

BOB IronMan stroller review

I also love taking our "you beaut" BOB IronMan stroller for some interval training up and down our street. Adrian likes to take Zali for a run around the lake too and finds the fixed front wheel really sturdy. He particularly likes the alloy wheels and the hand brake. Such a male thing to say!


Ironman stroller


I love how smooth it feels, very light to push, great to manoeuvre and the padded handlebar is comfortable. The girls love jumping into the stroller at any opportunity. There are heaps of great features on this stroller. A secure five-point padded harness, adjustable reclining seat that looks super comfy with all the padding. Fabulous on those days when you want them to sleep and you get some fresh air and exercise at the same time. I love it!!!


Mietta and I running up and down our street in the Ironman stroller


It's super lightweight frame makes it easy to fold away in 2 easy steps and fits comfortably in the rear of our car. Nothing is worse than being stuck on the road trying to fold up a stroller when you are in a hurry, trust me, it's hard yakka with 4 kids!!! It is totally optioned up with a snack tray and with the wind blowing across Lake Wendouree, the multi-position canopy adjusts for protection against the harsh winds and wet weather. It looks super cosy in there.

There is loads of storage in the seat back pocket for my handbag and our snacks, including internal pockets for the girls lip gloss and toys.  I would recommend this stroller especially for those active Mums that need to get out and exercise but can't co-ordinate a babysitter on time. Having said that, Adrian loves taking Zali for a walk/run giving me a break and fitting in fitness for himself.


Adrian and baby Zali loving the Ironman stroller

Do you prefer to workout on your own or like finding creative ways to exercise with your kids?

Happy Wednesday xxDani 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani