Tuesday 6 August 2013

Weight loss story on Transformation Tuesday with Miriam

This is such a moving story. You know when they say you get a wake up call in life? You need to read this amazing transformation from Miriam. She is now a mother of 2 beautiful children and shares with us today how she made the choice to start living a healthy lifestyle.


Transformation Tuesday with Fitness Food and Style



How old are you and please can you share your health and fitness journey to date? 
I am 26 years old. My Transformation is quite unique. I have struggled with my weight my whole life. I have always had a love for fitness but never could get anywhere. I would lose a few pounds then gain them all back.
I then hit another challenge in my life. In 2003 I was a passenger in a terrible vehicle accident that left me in ICU. The vehicle rolled over 9 times going 90mph. It left me with a broken pelvis, fractured hip, broken tailbone, elacerated liver and a placenta abruption. I was 6months pregnant with my first child. They had to take him Via Emergency C-section because i was dying from internal damage. He was 3 months early and weighed only 3lbs 9oz. Now he is 9 years old and is PERFECT!! ;)
Doctors told me that the chances of my body fully recovering was slim to none. It took me almost 2 years of Physical Therapy 3 times a week and pain Management therapy but I began healing..

I have always been physically and mentally strong but I still struggled with my weight very bad. It wasn't until a year and a half ago (18) months) after I had my **2nd Child**
I finally learned the importance of eating clean and it has completely transformed me entirely. I have now dropped more than 60lbs (30kgs). I workout 7 days a week. I now love to lift. I know the importance of building muscle and Training Hard!
I have been faced with many challenges but they've made me who I am today ;) 


What types of foods did you used to eat as a kid and young adult? What's changed since then? 
I grew up in the country so we are lots of Healthy foods but we also are lots of processed foods as well.

Now I eat clean.. I try and stay away from heavy processed foods.. I try to eat foods that are all natural. My body is thanking me for it. 


Do you play any sports or what sports do you like watching? 
I don't watch any sports really. I love playing volleyball, basketball, lifting weights, working out and staying active. Being outside running around with my kiddos. 

What are your interests, passion and what makes you smile? 
I absolutely LOVE health and nutrition!! I want to help motivate and inspire others. My  "Littles "(children) make me smile as well as my wonderful Husband.  

What was the catalyst that sparked your lifestyle change? 
I was so sick and tired of being Sick and Tired.

What are some of your dreams/goals you hope to achieve over the next 12 months? 
To inspire and help motivate as many people as I possibly can! To show others that it's possible! 

What tips would you like to share with my readers about your transformation? 
I never restrict myself of anything ENTIRELY! If I want it. I'll eat it. BUT I have to earn it first! 
* * *  
For those that wish to follow Miriam she has an amazing Instagram page @the_masonette and you too can share your transformation story by clicking here. I look forward to reading and sharing your healthy new lifestyle too. XxDani 

3 comments :

  1. This story is amazing and sooo, sooo motivating! I couldn't loose just a few pounds for such a long time and I had no tragic cirumstances added. I'm so glad I changed my life for the better a few months ago - already feeling so much better. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stevecarve@gmail.com4 September 2013 at 22:09

    Thanks for inspiring many of us who are impatient to lose weight. Just loved your post. Keep blogging.

    Acupuncture benefits

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new look is quite attractive. As you know high weight can be the cause of various other diseases, you should prepare a plan with which you avoid from high weight.

    physical therapy center

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani