Monday 11 March 2013

Ballarat Begonia Festival and my Lake Wendouree push ups

What a great day we had today at the Ballarat Begonia Festival. Here's a quick snap shot of some of the 52 community groups, businesses and schools entered into The Courier Begonia Parade;


Just to name a few......

Ballarat Begonia Festival

It's amazing! this festival has been running strong for more than 6 decades!!! They marshall in Carlton St between Sturt St and Wendouree Parade and along Wendouree Parade between Morrison Street and Hamilton Avenue.

It was a jam packed day today and we had such amazing weather.


Ballarat Begonia Festival

Fitness

Today I managed to do my female version push ups beside our beautiful Lake Wendouree! I did do 2 proper ones but still not 100%. Little Oscar attempted his version and then collapsed on his belly. 

This is Week 2 for our Day 3 push ups, reps 8, 8 &9 (rested 2 minutes in between sets). Where is the time going? Tomorrow is a day of rest and then we move onto Week 3!!! Whoosh! How time flies when you are having fun.


Lake Wendouree push ups

I know it's only been 2 weeks but I am starting to see some muscle definition in my arms & shoulders, I really should've taken a before picture. Totally forgot!


Food

I got into making our meatballs again this weekend and made a big batch for this week to freeze as I will be going to Sydney next week for a 2 day Digital Parents Conference where there is jam packed information with panel sessions, workshops, keynote speakers, networking opportunities and a sponsor expo. It's one the biggest social media events catering to Australia's mum, parent and personal blogging communities. So I look forward to meeting new people and especially meeting my dearest friend Shari from Your Family Survival Coach


Spinach wholemeal pasta with basil meatballs bolognese

My typical meatball recipe is found here however today I pushed up our greens by adding more basil and parsley!!! Boy were they divine!! Also pushed up our greens with these amazing spinach based wholemeal pasta!!! Now that's some serious green action on a plate!!! 

I hope you had a sensational long weekend (for my Victorian readers) and please leave me your comments below on your most favourite freezer meals?

♥ Dani 










6 comments :

  1. Can't wait to see you next week Dani! That festival looks so good. I love these types of events in our tiny town of Bright. It really brings everyone together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Kim, super excited!!! Yes the kids had a ball and were simply fascinated with the whole parade. See you next week xxDani

      Delete
  2. Really jealous you get to go to the conference. Can't wait to hear all about what you learn when you get back. My fab freezer meal is lasagne. Love it. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame you are not able to come, I'm sure I'll fill you in with all the details upon my return. Loving your blog babe xxDani

      Delete
  3. What do you mean by freezer meal? You don't mean processed, do you? I'm guessing you're probably referring to meals that can be prepped ahead of time and then stored in the freezer. In that case, any and all kinds of homemade soups. There's just something about letting them sit that brings out their flavors. They seem so much more robust. I also like to freeze my tofu before eating it. A Thai lady taught me this trick; it's why Thai restaurants always seem to have firmer tofu, at least Stateside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, healthy meals we cook and freeze. Soups are always great. I love being able to cook up quinoa to make them more filling and have as a main meal instead of all the bread I used to have. XxDani

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani