Thursday 14 February 2013

Day 14 - no added sugar challenge on Valentines Day






WE DID IT!!!! 14 days with no added sugar! Bravo! I am so pleased you all took the plunge and read your labels with all that extra uneccessary added sugar and replaced it with the natural foods that have already has sugar in them (as our bodies still need some sweetness :-)

How do you feel? Did you think you were not able to do the no sugar over 14 days? What now? Can you try to continue it and allow yourselves a treat once or twice a week? I'd love to hear your thoughts!!!

Breakfast
180 Nutrition coconut protein drink
1 banana
chia seeds
milk

*For your exclusive 10% discount on any 180 Nutrition product simply use my 264464 promo number at checkout 

Morning snack
Watermelon and mango fruit salad with ricotta

Lunch
Eggs with asparagus
Asparagus with poached eggs on wholegrain bread





Afternoon snack
Spinach dip (store bought with no added sugar or preservatives) with wholemeal crackers



Healthy kids snack dip with crackers


We've had a superb day! A lot of fun in the sun today with the heat being over 30C degrees. I was going to make dessert from Sarah Wilson's I QUIT SUGAR but we opted against it as we just wanted the frogurts we made yesterday! Although having said that Noah did ask for a special request that we go buy that healthy dark chocolate because a little sugar is okay as long we don't consume the entire block! He obviously doesn't know his mother!!!! HA! Well the old one anyway......




Dinner
BBQ porterhouse steak with vegetables

Porterhouse house steak with steamed vegetables


Instagram your day!!!


I will be running a mini challenge called #igyourday over in Instagram land until the end of the month and of course here on my blog, Twitter and Facebook page. Just share what you do throughout your day and we can all learn off each other, how to best utilise our day as everyone says how busy they are. Let's see how everyone fits in their healthy living, eating, fitness regime, work/study, family time, hobby etc.... so it doesn't matter if you are student, single parent, family of 8 we can all get ideas on how best to manage our time and day. Please join in and invite your friends!

Watch this space and let me know if you will still be doing the no added sugar as part of your new healthy regime. I know I will be!!!! Especially when I see results like this!!!


NO SUGAR CHALLENGE 




Until next time.

♥ Dani

13 comments :

  1. Hey Dani congrats, we did it!!!!! Well i still have today to go through but its easy! Im definetely going to continue this no added sugar into my daily life style! This page has helped me so much and gave me so much motivation! I couldnt be happier that i randomly found it on IG! hit my goal for the end of the month in the middle of the month! I was surprised that i did it! I really thought id give in to some things liie wheat wraps but that has added sugar! What is going to be the nextchallnge? I love these challenges and how motivating they are to push yourself! Im saddened at the thought that ive missed out on them before but im thrilled for what is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have found me now and I super excited as we have so many cool challenges coming your way!!! I will post later about our March challenge but if you are keen I'd like you to share with us your day and how best you manage your time. I will write a post on how I go about my day and show people how I fit in fitness, healthy eating, managing a household of 6, my time etc....should be fun before our official challenge kick starts on the 1st March.

      I am SOOOOO proud of you and that you too will continue with me and together we can support one another.

      Much love and have a sensational weekend xDani

      Delete
    2. A little late sorry Dani but anyway, it was such a good challenge I lost 2.3 inches off my waist! It's amazing! I did kind of have a sugar splurge this weekend though, it was too bad but I kind of thought what the heck a few things with sugar won't hurt! It's more like reward or a treat for me! I had some cheesecake and finally some of those girl scout cookies that I craved sooo bad! I feel kinda sick today from the sugar that I wasn't use to anymore. But I am back to the healthy good way! I don't like feeling sick like this from bad food! I'd love to share my day! Where would you like me to post it so that people that visit your page to see? I figure that's where this is going right? I can't wait for next months challenge! I wasn't able to do man push ups before but now I can do some! I can't wait for the results that this challenge is going to bring me!

      Delete
  2. Hola Dani. Day 14 overcome. What a great challenge!!! All those days have been hard the same as amazing, I've learned a lot and now I see this like an option. I must say that avoid sugar at all is
    very difficult to me, but I try to do my best. Thanks to the challenge I've realised that most of the food I buy had no neccesary sugar, so now I choose sugar free ones, and my diet is healthier now. I also have seen results, and I'm very proud about that. I love the motivation you give me and I love these challenges. Please another one for next month. I prefer food ones.
    Have a very happy Valentine's Day.
    Kisses from Spain.
    Vero

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ola Vero!!! Of course my friend, next month is fitness and FOOD related so you are going to love it!! I'll be posting later tonight so make sure you come back and let me know your thoughts.

      So glad you enjoyed this challenge and I look forward to continuing more with you this year, thanks for your support! It's been great reading from you daily.

      Hope you had a beautiful Valentines Day, much love from Australia xxDani

      Delete
  3. Hi Dani! Thanks again for the challenge! I will definitely be cutting most added sugars from now onwards. I have learned a lot by reading labels and I am more aware of what I am fueling my body with :)

    Looking forward to more challenges! xx

    ana_getsfit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Anna!! Thanks for coming by and I look forward to sharing next months challenge with you! I hope you are going to love it!!! Much love xx Dani

      Delete
  4. Hey Dani :) just wondering if you could tell me what brand/name that dip and those crackers were? I'd love to buy some for afternoon snacks.
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you in Australia? We have a variety of stores we go to as I trouble my husband not to check for brand names but to read the labels and any dips that have no preservatives and no added sugar is the one we choose. If you are here in Oz I will make every effort to write down the brand name next time. XxDani

      Delete
    2. Yes I am :) I am always trying to find a whole variety of different snacks that I can try out, especially for those afternoon snacks. Thanks Dani. xx

      Delete
  5. Hey Dani,

    The Challenge was so much fun! The healthy eating was amazing. I have always been a healthy eater, my only problem was my sugar enriched coffee! Before the challenge I did not want to give up my bad coffee habit, but throughout this challenge, I was able to cut the nasty, and started making my coffee with organic half and half, stevia, and cinnamon. I will never go back to my old ways! I plan to continue this way of life of no added sugar! Thanks for the encouragement, and Im ready for the next challenge.

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome Ashley!!! I am so happy for you!! I was the same, I used to have 2 sugars in my coffee 2 years ago and have never looked back since!! I can actually taste the sweetness in the milk and appreciate the coffee smell and flavour!!!

    I do hope you check in to next months challenge (posted last night) would love your feedback!!!

    Much love!!
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  7. i didn't have sugar for really long time! the less sugar i intake, the more energetic i feel!
    if i feel like eating something sweet, i always go for fruits.

    xoxo
    tiffanykeepgoing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani