Sunday 4 November 2012

Spring festivals, luncheons and fun times ahead

I tell you, when the sun comes out to play we are all fully charged and ready to go!!! It's amazing! How wonderful do you feel when the rays beam down on you and the sun kisses your skin with a bit of vitamin D action. Bliss I tell you, simply heavenly!!!

Yes, I love the sunshine. I love the beach, the water and anything to do with fun in the sun. My Serbian-Croatian genes have blessed me with olive skin and half of my children (Oscar and Zali) so whenever the sun is out, you will find us there. I should mention we are sun smart and take precaution when out in the sun for long periods of time. Having said that, I don't panic nor do I slip slop slap when they're out for just half an hour as I strongly believe that big yellow sun does good for us, like I said longer sessions out in the sun of course wear a hat, SPF30 etc....

We had a beautiful Spring day today. Look who's got a spring in their step!!!!!


Spring racing carnival and festivities 



Today we went to Spring Fest and it was such a beautiful day. The kids hardly ever have......



Fairy floss



and being the cool Mum that I am (smiling with a large grin) surprised them with one each. Mind you I asked the lady to make them small sizes as I think my kids would bounce off the walls with that much of a sugar hit in one go!!! They simply were gob smacked. Enjoy kids 'cos you won't be having any until next year! HA!

Of course what's a festival without a bit of face painting.....

Tiger and dinosaur face painting


Talking about sugar, I have been doing pretty well beside a stellar of an ANZAC biscuit I had at a play date with a wonderful family we have recently met. I must admit, I typically smash these types of cookies but I too, had to stop at one. Hang on! I think I had 2....nevertheless I did recommend the awesome Teresa Cutter ANZAC alternative recipe for them to try should they want to venture down the "no added" sugar path.

So what did I do yesterday? I baked them :-) however I substituted them with the fabulous 180 Nutrition coconut protein powder, mixed half oats and blended walnuts in fine flour and they came out SENSATIONAL!!!! We even spread peanut butter and placed fruit on them. Kids thought they'd make an Anzac tower.


Anzac biscuits




My fitness has kicked back in so I do my 15 minutes resistance Fit Yummy Mummy exercises and loving the Transformation Kit workouts. I can't believe this is our final 10th week of our challenge. It has gone by real quick and I am so happy that I was able to maintain my fitness and even though have had roadblocks with my neck and back, I have been able to eat clean most of the time.

Which reminds me, I need to buy me some new kini's this summer. We are at our final pool stage where the glass fencing needs to be installed, quartz sprayed, put the water in and whalla! Adrian has just finished off our outdoor shower.

Check out this handsome man, not only do I love him for his good looks but he is such a handy man! He amazes me every day how he knows how to do this kinda stuff (jack of all trades) when he hasn't got qualified skills. I am truly blessed.





Who needs a pool, when you have an outdoor shower??? Kids had their first shower this afternoon in the sun....

Outdoor shower



Signing off now my beautiful friends, thanks so much for making time to come and read my blog. It makes my day when I hear from you. When I don't, I just don't blog. KIDDING!!! Just been under the pump but will get back into the regular swing of things real soon.

Oh yes, I look forward to sharing with you my Melbourne Cup ensemble on Tuesday. Looking forward to a lovely day with the girls followed by dinner afterwards.

Xx Dani

13 comments :

  1. Hey Dani! Just saying hi! Beautiful picture as always!

    EMILIO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too gorgeous my friend, always lovely to hear from you. Please come again soon XxDani

      Delete
  2. Loving the out door shower! And can't wait to see you glammed up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my lovely friend, yes the kids had such a good time yesterday and we then thought we should have just installed that shower instead of the actual pool!!! Not! Pool parties here we come!!! Can't wait for tomorrow!!! WOOT! WOOT!!! XxDani

      Delete
  3. Stunning pic of you!
    Thanks for the link for the sugarfree Anzacs. I'll have to give those a go.
    That outdoor shower looks amazing! Well done hubby! I now see understand why you have such a big pile of soil to shift, after having a pool installation. I hope we have a summer like the days we've been having of late. You'll be able to put that pool into good use.
    Have a great day tomorrow. I look forward to seeing your ensemble.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe, had a great day at The Melbourne Cup luncheon and will be posting shortly. Let me know how you go with the Anzacs XxD

      Delete
  4. Have fun at the cup tomorrow babe..Rod and I are away this weekend - if Rylan recovers from conjunctivitis in time! Hope Oscar has a lovely birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe, had a ball and so good to hear Rylan has recovered. See you in the morning! XxDani

      Delete
  5. I always read your blog from Switzerland! You are such an inspiration!
    Thanks!

    Catarine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey i too love your blog - www.idealshape.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your amazing and have the cutest family!
    Now is Fairy Floss the same as Cotton Candy?? Never heard the term Fairy Floss!

    Happy WW :)
    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled
    upon your site and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
    Any way I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.

    Visit my homepage ... raspberry ketone diet

    ReplyDelete
  9. I savor, cause I found just what I used to be having a look for.
    You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man.
    Have a great day. Bye

    My blog post :: what should i weigh for my height

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani