Saturday 24 November 2012

Bring on this sensational summer weather and let's do some SQUATS!!!


Hello everybody how are things? Just dandy here in fact we're super excited about our summer weather and our COMING SOON pool that we got the water pistols out!!!



I had a sleep in this morning, managed a workout since ? I can't remember when! so all in all, pretty thankful for my day. I love the fact that it only takes me 15 minutes to work out following the Fit Yummy Mummy fat loss system. As you know I am extremely time poor so this fits perfectly into my day. 



How do you keep fit and make sure it's regular? Due to fact that I don't go to any Bootcamp, or pay for a gym membership I myself need to motivate and encourage myself to do exercise. How about you? Can you workout by yourself or prefer to be surrounded by others for extra support. Either way, you're still working out so whatever works best! I say go for it!!! 

Food has been good beside the non frogurt style I make. Our kids deserved a treat today as they have less sugar than us (yes that's right, we're the ones at night on the couch eating chips and an entire block of chocolate, not them) so they miss out! So we bought a box of those chocolate coated icecreams with choc, peppermint & vanilla ice creams. Yum!

Tomorrow however they will have their frogurts and fruit ice pops which I have just finished preparing. Simple and fresh ingredients. Natural Greek yogurt, fresh fruit of your choice and (if using) honey. 

Frozen fruit FROGURTS


Breakfast
Spinach scrambled eggs


Morning snack
PWOS 180 Nutrition coconut protein drink

Lunch
Tuna salad

Afternoon snack
Cream cheese on corn thins and fruit



Dinner
Home made pizzas (Jamie Oliver I love you!) 


This was a mixture of Hawaiian and Australian (with egg) pizza, then I sprinkled a little bit of Europe AKA kalamata olives :-)

Okay, so you know I am always up for a challenge. The Fit Yummy Mummy 21 day hottie challenge kicks off next week 3/12, so I am pumped to be doing this with all my FYM girls and for those that want to join please click on my blog link. You get a special 50% off the ebook and 30 days FREE at Clubfym. What have you got to lose??? Ahhh yes, you're fat ;-))) promise, you will.

For my non FYM followers and especially on Instagram and Facebook, I'm thinking of running a "25 per day squat challenge". What do you think? Need your feedback as I need all the support I can get.

So what I'm thinking (and please add your ideas below in the comments) is we do 25 squats PER DAY. Doesn't matter what style eg: squat kicks, jump squats, or my Swiss ball squat.....


Wall squat with a Swiss Ball


We can spread the 25 squats throughout our day eg: we can do 10 when we're brushing our teeth or at school pick whilst waiting for our kiddo's  (just kidding) but you get the drift. Just fit it in whenever, throughout your day. Or you can do 5 sets straight away where you do 5 squats, rest for 30 seconds and then repeat until you've done all 25. What do you think?

Let's see if our tush gets a bit of a butt lift before Christmas.

I was hoping we could start Saturday 1st December and do our final 25 squats on Christmas Day?

Let me know your thoughts. I'm also going to try my hardest and cut back on added sugar. A mini sugar free challenge in my head.

We hope you're having a sensational weekend!!! Until we meet again.



Xx Dani

21 comments :

  1. I'm in Dani.......but let's make it 100 squats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more the merrier Liz. If you can drop it like a squat 100 times in your day GO FOR IT! I'll be incorporating some squats in my FYM regime so I'll be going over the 25 mark but the point of the challenge is CONSISTENCY. So a minimum of 25 squats per day and for your personal records, I highly recommend you take a before and after pic. I sure will be!!!

      Don't forget to eat clean to enhance the butt cheek lift ;-))))) xxDani

      Delete
  2. I like this idea. I did question the school pick up ones though. Hahaha!
    I'm glad we aren't the only ones with the evening chocolates and chips! Although we have cut down a lot on this of late. :)
    And check out that pool deck!!!
    Big love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! I know we can't specifically spot reduce our problem areas but I'll be trying to focus on this just to see if it can disconnect from my upper thigh region ;-) so glad you're in!!! XxDani

      PS: bad news though, no chips and chocolate during our squat challenge!!!

      Delete
  3. I usually try and fit a work out when the baby is sleeping. Pop into the backyard and do a bit of a circuit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one Anne, so you're not part of a gym or fitness group? How do you keep motivated? xxDani

      Delete
  4. Hi! visiting and returning the like on GFC and Instagram. Instagram is my new obsession :)
    I'm loving your blog! I run, training for a half marathon right now, and I watch what I eat, but I do eat all those dishes I post on www.CallMePMc.com as well. I"m looking forward to learning some better nutrition from you.
    Thanks for visiting!! Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming Paula and connecting with me! Look forward to getting to know you better XxDani

      Delete
  5. Spinach in scrambled eggs sounds like a good idea!

    Visiting from the No Rules Blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! Yes we love Dr Suess in our house esp green eggs but that morning we had no ham :-) xxDani

      Delete
  6. Hi Dani! You are inspiratinal to me! Love the photo of your kids with their water pistols. Makes me wish it were still summer here...

    Thanks for linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :))

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome!!! I love partying with you girlfriend!! Your blog is sensational and you are super creative. When free can you please look me up on Pinterest, FB and are you on Instgram? I am so hooked over there, that's where you will find me throughout the day!! Thanks for stopping by XxDani

      Delete
  7. I'm in... with the squats!!
    If I gave up sugar, I'm sure I would start to melt like the wicked witch of the west!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fab Abbey. Are you on Instagram? If no you can follow here and on my Facebook page. However would love to see your squat poses over the 25 day challenge.

      Great work with the no sugar too. We can do it!!! XxDani

      Delete
  8. Love spinach and eggs with cheese, and watermelon, which has sadly gone out of season. I suppose my consolation prize can be that it's butternut squash season. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for giving us the sunshine!!! It's now our turn my friend xxD

      Delete
  9. A bit late to the party here - but I'm all in for the squat challenge - will also 'attempt' the sugarless one too. . . . bring on the bikini!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too late Rhian!!! Can you make sure you follow me on Instagram so I can follow back. It will be great fun tagging photos ;-)

      Sugar free is hard the first week. Super easy the 2nd. You can do this xxD

      Delete
  10. I'm in for the squat challenge!! I'll give the sugarless a go too! Do I just follow you on the blog??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!!! Yes follow here, my Facebook page but if you are on Instagram it will be instant especially with all our hash tags etc... Ensure you mention our squat challenge when you place a comment so I can follow you back.

      Super excited you are joining us!!! XxDani

      Delete
    2. Not on instagram! I'll follow on here and facebook :) Today is the day!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani