Thursday 11 October 2012

Fit Yummy Mummy Challenge - Week 6


Hello everyone, I hope you are all travelling beautifully and have had a fabulous week.

I have been blown away with yoga lately. I have never been to a class, sure I have stretched in some kind of yoga movement before but I am really getting into this October Yoga Challenge on Instagram and the kids are loving it too. I would highly recommend those on Instagram to come participate as it's been such a wonderful experience for all of us here. Click on my Instagram + ME link on the right side of this page and check out growsoulbeautiful.

This is called the tree pose and I was fortunate to practise first thing in the morning and late afternoon. I love the fact that our 7 year old, Noah was such a fabulous photographer who suggested I do these poses outside in our backyard!

Workouts
I have done my Fit Yummy Mummy exercises from the Transformation Kit this week in conjunction with these yoga poses as stretches or warms up before my actual workouts. I have still been very slack with increasing my weights so when I was doing my DB swings I knew it wasn't challenging me. So I really need to make these next couple of weeks count if I want to increase more strength and muscle definition. I can't believe week 6 is nearly ending and we only have another 3 weeks until the challenge finishes!!!

For those interested in following me and the workouts, the offer I have on my blog is a 50% discount to the FYM ebook which also includes a 30 day free trial at Clubfym. So click on the links and come check it out!

Breakfast
Strawberry pear porridge


I make this type of porridge most mornings as it's super quick (under 10mins) and I typically have the staple ingredients in the pantry ready to go!

Ingredients
1 can of pears (no added sugar)
10 fresh strawberries slice
oats
cinnamon
vanilla essence
milk

Method
Pour all juices and pears into a saucepan
Add strawberries and oats
Pour milk
Add cinnamon and vanilla essence
Stir frequently and....
Cook until creamy and fluffy



Morning snack
PWOS 180 Nutrition coconut protein drink
Yogurt granola




Here is the fabulous recipe I based my granola bars on the other day. Please note that I just used what was in my pantry here and didn't specifically buy the ingredients to make this granola. I also didn't use any sugar.

The beautiful people at Kamalaya Koh Samui were kind enough to give me the recipe (which they posted on Facebook) to their granola bar. Thankfully YOU HAVE the measurements for those that know I still DO NOT measure anything. I hope you enjoy them!!!



Lunch
Tuna salad

Afternoon snack
Hummus dip with wholemeal crackers, veggie sticks and 2 hard boiled eggs

Dinner
Burgers served with salad, eggs and wholemeal bread



Ingredients
500gms of both beef and pork mince
1 clove of garlic minced (I usually add an onion but I was out!)
grated carrots & celery (or whatever vegetables I have in the fridge)
a handful of fresh parsley and oregano herbs chopped
wholemeal bread soaked in milk
sprinkle of curry powder
2 eggs
S&P


Method
Mix all ingredients into a bowl and shape into burgers. In this case I simply placed them in my casserole dish with a layer of baking paper (parchment paper) even though my dish is a fantastic non stick one, it still helps with the washing up process :-)


Well I do hope you all enjoy the next few days and have a fabulous weekend. I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Xx Dani

6 comments :

  1. Those look so good!

    Are you holding Tree pose or whatever while flying in the air? ARE YOU A FLYING BLOGGER Y/N?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny!!! Yes, I have been known to fly peeps :-)

      Delete
  2. Hey Dani everything looks good!!! Though I must admit I'm starting to think you can actually fly and that would explain a lot of things!!

    EMILIO!

    PS: If you don't mind I'm actually gonna go ahead and spread the world that you can fly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my friend!!! Spread the word. One day soon, I will post my super hero costume! :-) Xx

      Delete
  3. Oh those burgers look absolutely delish!
    And check out that tree pose! You look fab! Have been enjoying seeing the photos on IG. Keep it up, lovely lady! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, I can't wait to attend an actual yoga session to experience the serenity. At the moment it's pretty rushed with the kids around but I have a feeling it's something I will take up definitely as some "me time". The burgers are always a hit and are super for kids lunch boxes for something different. XxDani

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani