Friday 21 September 2012

Exercising with kids is so much fun!!!

Hello everyone and happy Friday to you all!! I hope you have an amazing weekend and I look forward to sharing my fun run experience in the morning. I really want to achieve the 12km distance, so I'll keep you posted with how I go.....or can you tell I am distracted with the footy??? GO PIES!!!!!

Workout 

Completed my FYM workout from the Transformation Kit and love the fact these exercises only take 15 minutes of my time and I can do them in the comfort of our own home. Especially now with school holidays, even the kids love to workout out with me....

What exercises do you like to do with kids??





Breakfast
Pineapple raspberry quinoa served with natural greek yogurt and walnuts



Morning snack
Coconut protein smoothie

Ingredients
1 banana
2 scoops of coconut protein powder
chia seeds
milk
chia seeds

Method
Place all ingredients in blender and let it whizz!!!

Lunch
Pumpkin salad with feta, mushrooms and ham




Afternoon snack
2 hard boiled eggs with vegetable sticks

Dinner
Chicken breast wrapped in bacon served with steamed broccoli and carrots



Always remember if you fail to plan, plan to fail. Ensure you spend at least half an hour over the weekend and plan your meals for next week. Stock up on supportive snacks and I look forward to sharing our meals with you all next week! 

Xx Dani

4 comments :

  1. What protein powder do you use Dani? Would also love to know how you plan meals and shop for the week? Good luck tomorrow :) Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey!!!! I ran 12kms!!!!!

      Will post details about the protein powder I use as I will do one dedicated post all about this fabulous Aussie company! Also will share my meal plans.

      Hope you're having a sensational weekend xxDani

      Delete
  2. Dani I LOVE working out with my little boy! Every now and then he comes downstairs with me when I'm doing my 30:30 intervals and he'll do "burpees" while I'm marching out my OFF times. It makes me smile and he has a fun time doing exercises with Mummy :-) I sometimes do my strength workouts (or parts of them) in his bedroom when he's trying to go to sleep (he likes having me in the room), or in the lounge when he's watching a little TV. I love that FYM's 15 minute workouts fit so well into a real mum lifestyle!!!
    By the way, LOVE the look of that salad!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shell, yeah if it wasn't for the home exercising....I'd be cactus!!! XxDani

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani