Thursday 27 September 2012

60,000+ page views!!!! THANK YOU!!!




What else can I say but THANK YOU!!!! 





I was so amazed to log in this morning to see the amount of pages that have been viewed by all you wonderful people. I am honoured, I am grateful and so happy that my journey can be of some value in your lives. YOU mean so much to me so once again, thank you.


Workout
Neck update, all okay. Nothing major thank goodness. Just a nerve pinching the main brain stem from a muscular condition (sounds bad when I write it?). So all this rest I have done, has been great. I just need to make sure I listen to my body especially if I am running with my stitch, not to tense my neck and shoulder region. Or perhaps just stop for now until I get better.

I modified my FYM exercises today from the Transformation Kit so I mainly worked my lower body. I also added some additional squats, against our wall outside with a SB (swiss ball) to ease any pressure. Never workout in discomfort, listen to your body and rest when needed.




Breakfast
Chocolate protein waffles with greek yogurt and raspberries



Ingredients
1 scoop of 180 Nutrition coconut protein powder
2 tsp cacao powder
1 cup of blended oats (until flour form)
handful of walnuts (blended with oats into flour form)
2 eggs
splash of milk
vanilla essence
sprinkle of cinnamon
apple concentrate (or use a banana for the sweet factor)




Method
Mix dry ingredients well, add wet ingredients until you get a smooth batter for waffles (just thicker than my typical crepes mixture)




Morning snack
Strawberry 180 Nutrition coconut protein drink



Lunch
Quinoa salad sandwich
6 cherry tomatoes
1 latte

Afternoon
French toast with feta



Ingredients
eggs
feta
ricotta cheese
wholegrain bread
olive oil

Method
Whisk all ingredients together, dip bread into mixture and gently pan fry in olive oil until golden brown



Dinner
Mini beef hamburgers with corn on the cob and roasted carrot fries


Sorry dinner is a bit boring tonight, I am keeping it low key with cooking in the kitchen and didn't do much shopping so just using what ingredients we have in the fridge.

Ingredients
mince meat
garlic
herbs
1 egg
corn on the cob
carrots (cut in half and into long sticks)
cumin
coriander
S&P
honey
olive oil

Method
Mix mince meat with S&P, garlic, preferred herbs, eggs and roll into balls (I squash them into mini burgers for a quicker cooking process!)
Meanwhile clean and wash corn on the cobs and carrots. Boil in salty water. Just before carrots are tender, drain and mix some honey with olive oil, cumin, coriander, S&P and roast in oven until golden brown.



Hope you all had a sensational Thursday and once again apologies for the quick post. Off to Melbourne tomorrow to pick up my beautiful Mother that we haven't seen in over 3 months.

See you next time!!!! 

Xx Dani

12 comments :

  1. Well done Dani :) 61,037 page view is awesome :) But not surprised at all - love your photos and information you share is so balanced and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Caz!!! I've absolutely loved these past few months since I've started blogging!!! Glad my info is appreciated XxDani

      Delete
  2. yummy recipes!!! Congrates on the page views! I got to 50,000 this week and the moved over to wordpress so now i start again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvette, congrats with you page views!!!! It's such a wonderful feeling to know there are people all over the world coming to our blogs. I hope your Wordpress venture brings you tenfold page views!!! XxDani

      Delete
  3. It should be us thanking you, providing such inspiration on what a day in the life of a healthy busy mum looks like. I very much enjoy reading your entries. So thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh Louise, you are beautiful. People like you are the reason why I do what I do. I feel so loved and appreciated. Thank you so much for being a part of my journey XxDani

      Delete
  4. Well done, Dani!!! You ROCK!!!
    I hadn't heard of 180 Nutrition. And those chocolate waffles look soooo yum!
    Will have to track some down and try to make these babies :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the waffles are a hit Grace and the fact our kids no longer depend on sugar, is fantastic! They now are just used to plain natural yogurt and adding their fruits or honey for the sweet factor! Let me know how you go with 180 Nutrition as I add it to almost anything I make :-) for the added protein my body needs especially after exercising XXD

      Delete
  5. congrats on your views! it is interesting and informative to see these recipes...love the ideas for my house!
    have fun speeding time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, yeah it's a bit exciting sharing my journey with you all and I am so happy to be doing what I am doing! I hope you come again soon XxDani

      Delete
  6. Looks delicious especially the French toast. Found you on Paula's blog hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julia, I'll make sure I swing past yours too. xxDani

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani