Wednesday 1 August 2012

I'm back!!!! So much to catch up on.....

Man! Did I miss you guys!!!!!!! It was like leaving my phone behind and hanging to get back home to check my emails, sms's, social updates etc..... My iphone is my life line :-) just so you know you fall in the same category....I hope you are feeling the love xx

Where do I begin?? Here's a quick snapshot of me missing in action these past 3 days. Pictures tell a thousand words, so thanks for saving me the typing :-)))))



Breakfasts
Organic corn flakes with fruit and yogurt
Eggs, spinach and salmon on wholemeal toast
Bircher muesli with strawberries and yogurt


Ingredients
1 cup oats
1tbs sunflower seeds
1tbs pepita seeds
2 apricots diced
1 lemon & orange juiced (water added or milk if you wish to cover overnight in fridge)



Morning snacks
Hard boiled eggs with veggie sticks and crackers
Vanilla protein drink
Corn thins with avocado, tomato, cucumber and cottage cheese


Lunch
Tuna salad sandwiches
Grazing tasting plate
Left over chicken soup


Ingredients
1 organic chicken
4 carrots
2 leaks
6 gloves of garlic
1 onion
1 potato
grated 5cm ginger
10 peppercorns
2 kaffir lime & curry leaves (these have such a beautiful aromatic smell!!!)
*1/2 red capsicum AKA bell pepper
*1 broccoli

Directions
Place all diced ingredients (*leave capsicum and broccoli last 10mins) in large pot and boil until chicken falls apart. I then use the stock and freeze (as shown in the above plastic zip lock bags for easy storage and defrosting purposes).

Grazing plate



Afternoon snacks
Green smoothie (spinach, banana, protein powder, chia seeds)
Dips and crackers with veggie
Banana and walnuts

Dinner


Chicken rainbow soup

My son Oscar calls this a chicken rainbow soup as I tend to put  colourful veggies in it


Rump BBQ steak with steamed veggies, feta and olives 


This was my take-away dinner last night at the hairdressers


Chow mein AKA "slatki kupus" AKA Serbian sweet cabbage


This is a dish we grew up with but I refer to it as chow mien (without the noodles) as we use cabbage and typically lamb shanks. I just used mince meat, cabbage, carrots, onions and garlic. Pretty simple ingredients and it's real basic kinda peasant village food but it is SOOO tasty!!! I serve it with rice for Adrian but we all eat it as is.


I also give the cabbage a quick blanch while I fry up the garlic, onions, carrots and beef with seasonings such as paprika, curry, S&P, then add the cabbage with the water and let it cook for a few hours. Really simple and a great winter dish.



Okay, what else has been happening??? Oh yes, gorgeous sunny winter days here in Ballarat. Little Miss Mietta and I went to the park and she looked adorable in her own little world eating an apple & cinnamon rice cake on the slide, on the swings and picking the beautiful white flowers......BTW did I tell you she loathes taking photos?? Yeah I know, she's completely opposite to me. I see a camera and jump right at it!!!!


How could I possibly not share this experience with you....after my hairdressers last night, I detoured the supermarket for some bits and pieces and whalla!!! These guys just jumped out at me!!! PICK ME! PICK ME!

So the LOMF (love of my life) Adrian and I finally buckled and ate an entire Cadbury Celebrations block of chocolate :( sheesh, our bellies did make funny noises afterwards. I still have no self control, clearly!!! Yeah I do, I left 3 squares :-)


Okay, that's it for me. No workout these past 3 days either. Need to refocus and think of my next plan of attack. An ab challenge, anyone in??? XxDani

13 comments :

  1. Mmmmm...I might be in for an AB challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I am..I was feelig bad I had a LARGE bowl of pocorn last night! Tehe!!
    Looking forward to today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXCELLENT!!!! Let's wait for these parties to end and get a move on!! XD

      Delete
  3. With my training, I need a goal and a purpose too. If I do, I am so determined to get there and I will work SO hard, but once I reach that goal I feel a bit lost and need a new challenge ASAP. If not, I ´m kind of lost in no mans land with no purpose and I slack off...Last year after I did Mother´s Day Classic I completely lost interest in running and struggled getting back into it. I suppose I overdid it leading up to the race. Everything in moderation I guess. Good Luck with the ab challenge!!! I have to back off training for a while and concentrate on arms as I am about to have sclerotherapy done. I will struggle not running and doing my leg workout but it will be worth it in the end :) Have a great day!! Jxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely understand Jess, I hope you repair real soon hon and can't wait to get back into another challenge with you xD

      Delete
  4. I'll do an ab challenge! Except I had to come home from work today and put myself to bed for 3 hours - so sick! Coughing and pain in my chest and throat when I cough. I should have done it last week but I stupidly soldiered on and now I'm paying for it. What did you have in mind? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will wait until you get well babe. Does the week of the 13th suit you? We can touch base next week with our plan of attack. Do the FYM 12 day TT? I will have to help out other readers should they not want to join FYM but still participate in an ab challenge else where? What are your thoughts? xD

      Delete
  5. The kiddos are adorable. What more I can ask for on your blog, fitness and fashion in 1! I love it. By the way, I like the name of the soup that your son gave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Thanks for coming, I do hope to post more fashion stuff it's just finding someone to take pics of me. Not a huge fan of the woman in the mirror image :-)) Hope to see you again soon xxDani

      Delete
  6. Hello there! I have been missing your post. Was wondering where you went. Ab challenge? Sounds like a great idea, I would love to join too. I had been having many many temptations lately and thought about you and your posts. I resisted them and smashed those workouts! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You good thing you!!!! Yes I thought we'd start something w/c 13/8. Does that suit? Maria is not 100% so thought we'd give her some time along with my 2 having bdays next week. We can do Holly's TT12 and those readers that don't belong to ClubFYM I will give them other options and we can compare our results. So great to hear from you my friend, thanks for coming past. Have a sensational weekend xxDani

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani