Wednesday 22 August 2012

Day 9 TT12 - ab challenge

How is everyone today? The sun is shining my side of the world, life is beautiful and here we are again. Another day, another excuse to write to you beautiful people. Show you a glimpse of my world, food choices (although last night I was pretty pathetic on my way home), fitness and anything else I am doing.

Breakfast
Organic corn flakes with dried apple, sultana & pumpkin seeds



Morning snack
Strawberry smoothies


Mietta and I just blended strawberries leaves and all, gotta love the green leaves full of vitamins!!! Yogurt, a splash of milk, chia seeds & for Mietta's smoothie we added a drizzle of honey. I went al' natural!

Lunch
Beef quinoa salad






This was such a tasty dish. I just warmed up some scotch fillet from the other day, cut up some cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, grated some carrots, crumbled some feta cheese, some lemon rind and juices from a lemon with some mint leaves. It simply tasted de-lish with a capital D!!!

Afternoon snack
Banana and handful of walnuts
latte

Dinner
Vegetable and bacon crustless quiche


W.e   a.r.e   h.u.n.g.r.y   ........   4 r.o.b.o.t.s   a.r.e   h.u.n.g.r.y!!!!!

I'm hoping you got the robotic voice in the above text :-) it must be late, I really need to get a wriggle on.

Ingredients
1 onion
1 red capsicum (bell pepper)
2 grated carrots
6 bacon rinds (fat removed)
12 eggs
handful of spinach
2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese
S&P
handful of parsley and mint
parmesan cheese
tasty cheese




Method
Dice onions and bacon. Spray fry pan with olive oil and gently fry. While that's happening, chop up the capsicum and grate the 2 carrots and add to the bacon and onion mix. I then fold the spinach into this mix as well.




Just to save on dishes, I crack all my eggs in the casserole dish I bake my quiche. In this case I allocate 2 eggs per person. Add any herbs you have & seasoning, ricotta and whisk away. Add cheeses and pour onion mix into casserole dish, top with more cheese if you like. Bake at 180C degrees for an hour or until it's golden brown and doesn't wobble in the middle :-)


Day of rest today ~ no workout however been running outside with the kids and playing footy!



We had a terrific day today, the winter sunshine and 16C degree day was simply glorious. I am off to bed now as I am super tired from last night. Which reminds me, a great night to meet like minded people and hilarious to catch up with my brother Daniel. Yes, you heard right. My brother's name is Daniel and my name is Daniela. I'll leave you with that and a pic of us last night!! Goodnight until we meet again.

Sorry it was dark there and the Iphone has such a super flash, that we're over exposed!!!

Xx Dani

9 comments :

  1. HI Dani, finally made it over here to leave a comment, so glad I have found another blog with health and fitness in mind. I may give this a go for dinner tonight, the kids love quiche and it looks super simple.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karla, yes I'll be popping to see you as well. I love your blog!!! XxDani

      Delete
  2. great ideas for eating healthy (which I'm trying to do!) I just discovered your blog and I love it! I'm your newest follower -- hope you can check mine out too! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE YOURS!!!!! I can't wait to post my fashion/style/interior stuff so thank you for the inspiration and especially coming to visit my new blog. Glad you like it!!! I too, am now following you XxDani

      Delete
  3. This food all looks AMAZING. Holy cow. I'm a new follower from the blog hop!

    xo

    MacKensie
    http://mackensieg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome MacKensie!!!! What are you talking about??? HOW FABULOUS IS YOUR BLOG!!! I am now following you and thanks so much for coming my way. Great to connect with like minded women xxDani

      Delete
  4. Loving all your food ideas, the pics are making me drool! Can't wait to see what else you come up with, I'm your newest follower. If you get a min, check out my blog too!

    :) http://penny-saving-princess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Allison!!!!! Thanks for stopping by and how great is your blog!!!!???? What a fabulous initiative, you are truly wonderful. I look forward to following you xxDani

      Delete
  5. Mietta in addition to I just blended strawberries foliage in addition to almost all, gotta love the actual environment friendly foliage filled with supplements!

    fitness winkel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani