Saturday 4 August 2012

Breaking my comfort zone - running




Who would've thought I could run for 7kms????



Well I did it this morning! Seriously, I am SOOOOO outta my comfort zone as I am one lazy Mama!!! (I know you might not think it but I am and if I can take short cuts, trust me I'd be the first one there!!!) Time is typically not on my side and I think sheesh I could be doing this or doing that or whatever the heck I was thinking when I was running this morning. 

My main motivation was when I read Celeste's sms after telling her I had slept in:

"Go on. You can crack 6k today I bet! 7" followed by another seconds later....

"Sorry about 7. Slipped"

If she thought I could do it, well so did I! AND I DID IT!!!!

May I just add, we had a Trivia Night last night at Noah's primary school. An absolute ripper of a night and classic table of us Grade 1 Mama's. Especially the giant hip thrusting and achy breaky heart moves!!! Love you girls xx. So by the time I got home, caught up with Adrian it was 1am!!! 

1. Our table of platter selections 2. Gorgeous Mexican dipping sensation
3. Fresh tasting rice paper rolls 4. Various crackers and dips with cheeses


Then the lovely Zali woke up at 4am followed by 5:30am so I slept in and actually missed my running group at 8:15am. However I had a voice in my head telling me to get outta bed (yeah crazy I know, it was my turn for a sleep in too!) so with one eye opened, I headed out the door....to complete one of the most ridiculous things I thought I could NEVER do!!! As Justin Beiber sings NEVER SAY NEVER ;-))

Workout yesterday was spontaneous at the park with the kids!!! Here's me practising with Celeste's new 10kg weight while our kids were playing on the play equipment and park etc...my darling 4yo was my photographer, great isn't he? 

1. Squats 2. Swings 3. Reverse lunge arm press


Also did a 2km interval run. Felt fabulous!!! 

Here's my food for the last couple of days.....

Breakfast
Vita brits with fruit
2 pieces of toast with coconut butter and apricot jam (no cane sugar added)
Pear porridge latte protein drink! 


Yes, call me crazy but after my run I needed: 

1. a coffee to wake up 
2. a protein post "run" drink and 
3. needed my breaky. 

So what did I do? Put it all in this blender and whizzed it all up!! Yummo!!!!



Morning snack
Apple and almonds
Yogurt with fruit

Lunch
Tuna and spinach on wholegrain pumpkin seed sandwiches 
Chicken and mushroom rice


Ingredients
Tuna
Shredded carrots & celery
Chopped up capers & sundried tomatoes
Feta cheese
Seeded dijon mustard

Method
Simply mix and combine then add to whatever bread with spinach leaves.

The smile is for you xx



Left over chicken and mushroom rice


Afternoon snack
French toast
banana and pecan nuts


Dinner
My grazing platter (AND everything you see in above pic of various Trivia Night food platters)

Stuffed peppers, hard boiled eggs, hummus, spinach & feta dip, olives, brie cheese, fruit & crackers

I was unstoppable last night, from all the various grazing plates, mexican platter, fudges, M&M's, chocolate muffins etc....I had it all!!!! Seriously don't invite me to these things again, I have no self control. The food was calling my name "Eat me! Eat me!". 

I was on a SEE FOOD diet last night!!!

Okay I'm off to bed my beautiful people (kids just went half hour ago). I hope you're having an amazing weekend so far and I look forward to reading from you soon xxDani

13 comments :

  1. Girl I absolutely am falling in love with your posts - I myself was a former "I can't run" type of girl - well that has transformed! :) I love love love it! Stay strong and win it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mwah!!! Thanks Lacy! I really didn't think I could run that far so early! Just started last month! Still battling my stitch but I will get there. XxDani

      Delete
  2. You are a legend lady!! Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so knew you could do it! The 7 must have been a fruedian slip on my part hey?
    You'll be running our mountain with me before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be an awesome goal!!! So proud of you doing that run.....rain, hail or panda eyes :-)))))

      Delete
  4. Yay to you! I love running. Did it all the time before my belly got too big, and now I can't wait to go back to it. Hope you start to like it as much as I do.
    Mom Fitness Journal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Alina!!! I am loving your blog!! I can't wait to post some of my stylish looks, thanks for coming past xxDani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. It is a great time by yourself to let your mind wonder. I hope I do find time to continue to do this as I am enjoying it thus far xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Danni!! Celeste is very motivational, she just sets up that challenge in your mind, she did it (thankfully) to me too! Oh, that breaky thing was so gross!! You crack me up. GROSS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! You don't know unless you try it ;) besides I was going to have a coffee straight afterwards so hence it all ending up in the same space. XxD

      Delete
    2. BTW Jodes you may have read that I put all my breaky into that smoothie. It was just the pear porridge. Vita Brits and toast was the day before x

      Delete
  8. Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this write-up and the rest
    of the website is also very good.

    my page commercialization

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani