Monday 16 July 2012

WE DID IT!!! 2 whole weeks without sugar (PLUS tummy after shots)

Pretty good effort if I do say so myself :-))))) the no sugar thing.... Here are my before and after tummy pics.....do you think it made a difference? Just a little, I reckon.

a. Front view day 3 b. Front view day 15 c. Side view day 3 d. Side view day 15 

Kids back at school this week, Noah today and Oscar at Kinda tomorrow. It's been a busy couple of weeks including paint making today.... you can find it on my Pinterest under the kids board.

1. Foam art 2. baking 3. UNO card game 4. face painting by yours truly :-)

1. Pour 1 cup flour, salt & water into bowl 2. Mix until smooth 3. Add some colour 4. Paint away!!
Breakfast
yogurt with fruit

Pre work out drink


Workout today was my 50/10 circuit and seriously I struggled with the reverse crunches but managed to do my interval training 60/30 x 10 combination of heel, knee kicks and star jumps!!!

This is week 4 of the Fit Yummy Mummy 6 week Summer Transformation Challenge (it's Winter here in Australia) so I am really proud of myself for sticking to a personal goal of no sugar and never missing a workout. YAY! for me!

Post work out drink/green smoothie
scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 banana with 1/2 cup of spinach and 300ml water






Lunch
Smoked salmon, egg, tomato and spinach salad served with olive oil, vinaigrette S&P


Afternoon snack
Frittata slices and wholemeal brown rice crackers with hummus

Dinner
Minestrone soup



I always make a different recipe each time. It all depends on what I have but it always has the staple ingredients. This was my version tonight...

1. dice vegetables 2. drizzle olive oil & saute vegetables 3. clean & rinse soup beans mix 4. simmer away
Ingredients
1 smoked hock
olive oil
1 onion
3 celery sticks
2 zucchini's AKA courgette
4 carrots
1 broccoli
1 tsp paprika
3 bay leaves
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
2 litres of home made chicken stock
handful of basil leaves
bunch of spinach
extra water
lemon juice
wholewheat macaroni pasta

Method
Dice and saute all veggies ( I typically cut close around the green zucchini skin and leave the inside for later with the broccoli). Wash beans thoroughly (I soaked mine overnight) and throw away any odd looking ones! Add paprika and continue to stir, 10 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes, chicken stock, bay leaves and hock allow to boil, then gently simmer.

I left my pot to simmer until we came back from school pick up approx. 2hrs. The meat just fell apart. Such a tasty dish!

Before serving add spinach, basil and I squeezed half a lemon for some zing!!!!

NB: I typically rinse the smoked hock (remember a post where I mentioned, my Mother told me to do that?). Well her story is, they smoked a lot of their meat back in the Serbian village days, so she knows that dark soot isn't what you should be tasting. That black carbonaceous substance is impure. I only cook this dish a few times over winter as I typically avoid all this kinda stuff that leads to cancer etc...

I hope you are all well as are we and I look forward to touching base with you again tomorrow XxDani

BTW anything exciting happening this week you'd like to share? Adrian AKA the love of my life, is taking me to the movies Gold Class style (for my overseas peeps, this is where you have those recliner chairs and eat dinner and have drinks while watching the movies) this Thursday night to watch Ted. I can't wait!!! I've heard it is H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S

4 comments :

  1. Morning! I feel great. It was definitely a challenge trying to stay on top of all the labels. If anything, my big take away is that sugar is hidden in so many foods that you have to both take time to read the labels and understand all the names by which sugar goes (sucrose, fructose, corn syrup, etc.). It's a lot of work, especially at least stateside where so much of our food is processed. The good thing is that this exercise helped me find some sugar-free items that I'll continue to purchase, some of which are staples, like bread. I've also gotten very good at making my own "jams" by just sauteing berries until they "pop" in the skillet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it got you reading the labels. There is sugar in 99% of what we buy/eat xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Have you tried the Push Pull challenge on FYM, I've been working on that at Level 2 bench, just started week 4, but yeah like you still not managing full floor push ups, Dont know if anyone else finds this but sometimes I can feel really strong in my workouts but then the next time I feel completely the opposite iykwim! But still overall pleased with the progress I have made. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to do that Rachel, thanks for the reminder. So pumped with your progress thus far! Keep up the great work and thank you soooo much for stopping by xx Dani

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani