Sunday 22 July 2012

A cooking dream

Hello to all my wonderful people!!!!! What a lovely day we had. The morning kicked off with making our own muesli breakfast, kids gave this a thumbs up! Played tiggy and then some crafts while I did my quick workout. Followed by lunch, painting and a cooking workshop this afternoon!

Whoosh!! Can these days get any quicker, I don't know about you but I just have to blink and my day is over......

Breakfast
Home made Muesli with milk and kiwi fruit

Oats, puffed brown rice, coconut, apricots, cranberries, chia seeds, cinnamon, cocoa, 
organic corn flakes (sweetened with organic fruit juice) , sesame seeds and walnuts
Here are the kids giving the muesli making session a thumbs up! They even had 2 bowls of this, that's how much they loved it!


I find whenever I engage the children in my baking, cooking etc.... they tend to eat everything I cook as I typically make different meals each time which makes it interesting for them to try.

Exercise

I did both my resistance and interval training today, same as Fridays session however I did more of a leg workout with my intervals this time and combined it with a squat and shoulder press on the way up! I worked up a good sweat! Maximum 35min workout.

Post workout
Vanilla protein shake with water



Morning snack
Yogurt with frozen raspberries (kids had maple syrup, pictured below)
latte



Lunch
French (multi-grain) toast club sandwiches (spinach, smoked ham & parmesan)


This has been a tradition since I was a little girl. Maybe not the club sandwich style but my father absolutely loves french toast and when I make these for our kids, it always remind me of my Tata AKA Dad.


This is a very quick lunch especially when you want to get some protein into your children and they're not big fans of eggs!!! Simply crack eggs, add salt and pepper, give them a quick whisk and dip each side of the bread and pan fry in olive oil until golden. We either eat them plain, or drizzle maple syrup and add fruit or make into sandwiches.

Afternoon snack
Cheese platter
Bubbles and sparkling water




Dinner
Moroccan meatballs with cous cous and yogurt
Garlic herb pizza


1. Pizza base got mixed in this square tin and baked, so no other dishes involved 2. End product, yummy pizza!


Dessert
Chocolate brownie with cream


1. Same method as above, all ingredients in one pan 2. Chocolate brownie end product ~ de jour!!!!
I definitely had too much food, however this food workshop had to be demonstrated to show all these beautiful examples of how this cookware produces these quick and easy meals!!! One of my lovely Kinda Mums Janet is the Chefs Toolbox Senior co-ordinator, so check out her link for further info and recipes.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Sunday as we did. Looking forward to another sensational week. It's my last week for the FYM 6 week challenge, where has the time gone????

My plan this week is to eat clean, post a video of me doing 2 push ups. I couldn't do them tonight, hence no vlog tonight. Besides, my belly is not feeling the greatest, in fact it is rumbling and churning as I type from my 3 days of sugar indulgences. You get that when you're body has been sugar free for over 2 weeks!!!!

Catch you tomorrow XxDani

6 comments :

  1. Yumm everything looks so delish!!
    Love how you ALWAYS have an afternoon snack.. I always seem to forget mine and end up STARVING by dinner!
    xoxo Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani, yes my body now knows when it needs food. If I don't have it, I get a faint headache. Thanks for your kind words xDani

      Delete
  2. All looks really yum Dani - as usual! My gorgeous friend Shell made weight watchers butterscotch pudding for us on Sat night - and left the leftovers! So we had that last night on top of our homemade pizza!
    But bootcamp tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just your typical Sunday sesh :-) not! Seriously that arvo food party was outta control. I am hopeless when I go to those types of venues, I'm always on a ALL YOU CAN EAT diet!!!!! Yes we do need to incorporate those sweet indulgences, just have to make sure it's not every time we go out, which is nearly every second day for me!!!! Hope you killed it at bootcamp tonight, was very tempted to come along. Will see, maybe Thursday night but I'm too scared as Jackie will want me to do a proper push up!!!! :(

      Delete
  3. Crikey I thought that cheese platter was just for you and the family... I could smash through half of that NO problem! Don't know how you do it Dani. Whenever I try and get my kids involved in cooking, one of them wanders off after 5 seconds and the other (who adores cooking and can't wait to get involved) then tells me "it's a little bit yucky, mummy" even if it is chocolate cake and she helped make it! So frustrating! But I will persevere. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm the same Maria, my eyes see food and I just eat it. Well normally but I am really trying to kick that habit. I just LERRRRV food!!!!

      Trust me, kids will turn....patience my friend. Also make sure your pantry doesn't have anything you don't want them to eat. That's what we have going on here. So they only have a choice of the choices I give them :-) eg: snack time avocado dip with crackers or vegetable sticks with hard boiled eggs. Thanks so much for stopping by, it means the world to me xxD

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani