Thursday 28 June 2012

PIZZA night!!! You'll never buy take away again...

Now I must warn you I will be overloading this page with a lot of pizza shots!! A step by step guide on this revolutionary home made pizza recipe that only requires 2 ingredients.

Self raising (I use wholemeal for the clean eating version) flour
warm tepid water
actually 3....olive oil but I missed that step tonight

That's it!!! You will never buy take away pizza again, EVER! My husband is a pizza connoisseur and he gives me a 10 out of 10. Thank you very much....also to Kris a girlfriend of mine letting me know about Jamie Olivers quick pizza base and how basic and simple it was to cook on the stove top & then grill the toppings in the oven. Under 10 minutes!!!!! It's electric!

Anyways back to my morning of glorious food. You must know by now how much I LOVE  MY FOOD right? Yes, as much as my kids! Maybe a little bit more, just kidding!

I did my 15 minute Transformation Challenge workout before school drop off. I love how my kids mimic my movements and get so excited to exercise with me in the morning!!!! Too funny especially when I am telling them to brush their teeth and get ready for school.

My pre workout meal
Apple puree (about half a cup) no added sugar of course

Post workout drink/meal (remember you need to always fuel your body pre and post workouts)
Green smoothie with protein powder
(added 1/2 cup of cooked porridge) as this was my breaky on the run


Morning snack
1 orange
1/2 cup yogurt with nuts
latte


Lunch
left over tuna rissoles with salsa salad and yogurt




Afternoon snack
Vegetable juice (left over red capsicum, 2 cucumbers, 4 broccoli florets, 1 apple & ginger) so delish!
crackers with hommus dip




Dinner
PIZZA's ;-))))) I prepare a base station with all the topping to make it easy to move quickly.
Kids had Hawaiian and we had spinach, salami, anchovy & feta



Stage 1 (this takes 2 mins)
Add your flour quantity and blend the flour adding a splash of water until it looks like a breadcrumb texture (I also add garlic salt, herbs but forgot the olive oil tonight, oops!) and keep mixing until the dough starts to roll around in your blender
PICS TO BE LOADED ASAP

Stage 2 (and this only takes 2 mins)
Gently knead for a couple of minutes and make into bases. Place in a fry pan lightly sprayed with olive oil



Stage 3 (seriously this too only takes 2 mins)
Add toppings and cook over stove top until base is cooked, then simply place under the griller for the toppings to melt and crust goes crispy!
PICS TO LOADED ASAP

Stage 4 (inhale in 2 mins!!!)
EAT



Sorry my beautiful people but I have serious internet issues and am not able to load all my pics properly!!! I am devastated!!! As you may have already guessed, I am a very visual person so I want to be able to show you what's happening here. I do apologise and hope to update the pictures real soon. Please come back again xxDani

11 comments :

  1. I love pizza, I'm going to have to try this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you go!!! So good to know what you're putting in your mouth is fresh with no additives or preservatives. I usually make my own self raising flour....

      1 cup plain flour
      1 1/2 tsp baking powder

      Delete
  2. You know it! I too love this Jamie Oliver recipe..You actually roll this thinner than I have in the past? Will have to give that a go...I fed it to my friends - who are not into wholemeal anything - and they loved it!

    If you need to come over and upload pics.. We are home this afternoon.. Internet no upgraded yet??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's amazing with the thin crusty base. I try GF where possible but seen as there are no allergies in our family, we use wholemeal or regular from time to time.

      Delete
  3. Hey!
    I just googled "wholemeal" and it came up WHOLE WHEAT. Can you please confirm that? Would love to try this recipe and for some reason I thought you were gluten free...just want to make sure that I'm using the right ingredient. ;-) Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole Larson has left a new comment on your post "PIZZA night!!! You'll never buy take away again......

    Hey! I just googled "wholemeal" and it came up WHOLE WHEAT. Can you please confirm that? Would love to try this recipe and for some reason I thought you were gluten free...just want to make sure that I'm using the right ingredient. ;-) Thanks for your help!

    Hi Nicole, see comment above but I try to avoid white flour whenever I can hence going for the wholemeal AKA wheat option. So yes I do use it but limit the meals I make with it. eg: pizza bases and pancakes, they're like my indulgent meals ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. I was just wondering if you could tell me what the quantity of each ingredient in the pizza base is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for my late reply, I do hope you get notification from my blog still? The approx. measurements is 2 cups of self raising flour (I make my own with plain flour and baking powder) salt & pepper, warm tepid water until the dough forms (usually 1/2 cup). Let me know how you go xxDani

      Delete
  7. Hi, would this work with rye flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, any flour will work. I have tried blending oats into flour and it has worked as well. I am yet to try almond meal. Let me know how you go xxDani

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani